In a survival situation, your dangers of contracting diseases multiply. Here are a few simple guidelines for personal hygiene that will enable you to maintain your personal health and the health of others.
- ALL water obtained from natural resources should be purified before consumption.
- The site you choose to make camp should not be soiled with urine or feces. When a latrine is not available, you should dig a cat hole and cover the waste.
- Contaminated objects like fingers should never be put into your mouth. Your hands should be washed before handling any food or drinking water.
- Your mouth and teeth should be cleaned at least once a day.
- Keep your body clean and wear protective clothing to avoid bites and stings.
- Keep your clothing dry at all times to avoid body heat loss. Dry out wet clothing as soon as possible.
- Try to get at least 7 to 8 hrs. of sleep each night.