No matter if you’re a novice or a highly seasoned angler, a fishing knife is something you should always have with you (in addition to other gear, such as bait and tackle).
The best fishing knife is one that can be used for almost any task on the boat and beyond. From gutting fish to cutting bait, a good fishing knife should be able to accomplish most tasks at hand. The best fishing knives are also durable, lightweight and affordable so you can get more bang for your buck!
The problem is, with so many fishing knives on the market, choosing the best fishing knife can be difficult. Luckily, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite fishing knives to help you narrow your search.
Our Top Picks
Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
Best Fillet Knife:
Rapala Fish ‘N Fillet Knife
Helping You Find The Best Fishing Knife
1. Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
Those who bought the Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife were able to use it in various situations. They could cut hardwood and were shocked by the strength of the blade. It has also been said that the knife lasts a long time and performs just as well a year in.
The knife has nine different colors, which helps customers choose a color that will match the rest of their equipment. It also has a lifetime warranty.
This knife can be used by customers for a long time and has a lot of different purposes.
This is by far the best knife for fishing purposes. It can cut firewood or cut a fishing cord, either way it is the knife for you. With great quality, a reliable grip and a lifetime warranty, this knife is definitely worth the price.
- The knife has a blade cover
- It has a lifetime warranty
- It comes in nine different colors
- There is a high-friction grip for more control
- It has a stainless steel construction, which ensures durability
- Customers have complained about the blade being dull
2. Rapala Fish ‘N Fillet Knife
Most customers know who Rapala is seeing as it is one of the best known brands out there. They were impressed by the Fish ‘N Fillet Knife (which is the best fishing knife on this list, value-wise, in my opinion) because of the style, which is sleek looking. There have been people who have used the knife for a long time. And it is also perfect for filleting a fish.
It is meant for all needs when it comes to fishing. Despite this, it is best used when filleting fish. The knife has an amazing look and feel with the leather over and the pointed, sharp blade.
The knife is affordable and lasts a long time. It is the perfect choice for someone who has a small budget, but wants great quality. This knife is best used when filleting and skinning fish.
This product is great for beginner and professional fishers while also being budget-friendly. It has a lot of different functions, as well. Rapala has always made customers happy when it comes to knives.
- The knife has a sharp and full tang blade
- It is perfect for filleting fish
- It has a single-stage sharpener
- The knife is more durable with the 100% leather cover
- It has a resistance to rust with its stainless steel blade
- The handle is made of wood and can break easily
3. Calamus Fishing Fillet Knife and Bait Knives
Customers have said that they have used this fishing knife in saltwater and it still performs well; proving that the Calamus knife is durable and made of high quality materials.
Customers have also said that the handle grip is reliable, which is a must when you’re looking for the best fishing knife. This knife comes in four different sizes, which is rare. This allows the customer to choose the perfect size for them. It also has a great grip and durable design.
This knife is perfect for those who consistently fillet fish because of its shape, quality and grip. It can also be used for cutting and chopping firewood.
The most impressive thing about the knife is the fact that it will not rust when exposed to saltwater. It has a gold handle that is very sturdy, as well.
- The knife has four different sizes
- It has a blade cover
- It is lightweight due to the nylon sheath
- It has a non-slip texture with a golf-style handle
- The knife is durable and made out of G4116 German stainless steel
- Some customers might consider the blade too dull
4. GERBER Controller Saltwater Fish Fillet Knife
The good thing about this fishing knife is that customers found it to work great in harsh waters without rusting. They also said that the shape, size and color were ideal for the knife. The blade, which has a pointed design, was used by many for filleting fish.
The GERBER Controller Saltwater Fish Fillet Knife is one of the best when it comes to durability. It has a blade that is made of high-grade steel, which helps prevent rust. It also has a sheath that is designed to prevent water logging. This blade is great for all fishing seasons.
This knife will be best for professionals due to the features and build it has. It is also perfect for those who want to fish in saltwater or other harsh water conditions.
To bring it all together, the GERBER blade definitely stands out in the market. It is durable, well-built, and a handle with a good grip. It also helps those who want to fillet fish by having a pointed blade.
- The knife has a built-in sharpener
- It has a HydroTread grip, which helps with traction
- It can be used in harsh water conditions
- The way the sheath is designed prevents water-logging
- The blade of the knife is made with tang 9Cr18MoV, which helps prevent corrosion
- The knife doesn’t come with a cover
5. GERBER Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife
The Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife from GERBER is well-built with carbon steel and has a lot of positive reviews from customers. It is said to not only be affordable, but efficient as well. Customers have used the knife to open coconuts and cut meat and were able to do it easily. They also said that you can easily make the blade sharp again after using.
It is made with a pointed blade and high carbon stainless steel. The design of the blade makes it perfect for cutting meat and filleting fish. It has a construction that is durable and long lasting. This is why the knife is on our list of the best knives.
If you need to do something that needs stability and power, then this knife is the choice. It has a grip that is rubber textured and will stay sturdy when using.
This is a great product that has an unbelievable grip that will last a long time. This makes the knife stand out and gives tough competition to other products.
- The knife is great for cutting line
- It has a textured grip, which helps with stability
- The nylon sheath prevents mildew
- It is in a pointed design and has great sharpness
- It has a high carbon, stainless steel material
- The sheath and other parts on the knife breaks after only a few uses
6. Gentlemen’s Hardware Stainless Steel Fishing Pocket Penknife
The Fishing Pocket Penknife from Gentleman’s Hardware has a foldable design and great quality blade, which makes it stand out as one of the best fishing knives. It has a stylish appearance and is also durable. It is made from stainless steel, which will help it when in harsh water.
This is a great gift for a fishing hobbyist. It is good for everyday use and for fishing in all seasons. This knife with a gold handle is perfect for fishing in style. It has a foldable design, which makes it lightweight and able to fit in your pocket. You can also attach things like keys to the knife.
- The knife has a unique design with a fish shape
- It folds, which makes it lightweight and compactable
- It has metal hooks for several attachments
- It has a design that is great in emergencies
- The knife is durable and made with stainless steel
- The material for the blade is poor quality
Wrapping Up The Best Fishing Knives
After reading this list, we hope you’re feeling a little more confident about your decision to buy the best fishing knife. We know how difficult it can be and that’s why we’ve put in the hard work for you! But don’t worry, if none of these are what you were looking for let us know in the comments below! Our team is always here to help answer any question you might have.